Utility LP Drills are the latest addition to the LP Drill family. These units are designed to be used on digger derrick trucks or other standard mountings for drilling utility pole holes. During design, special consideration was given to the weight and air consumption of the Utility LP to ensure applicability to the available mountings in the market today. These units are significantly lighter than competitive mono-hammer pole drills and they also consume noticeability less air which means higher air pressures held, resulting in enhanced penetration rates. Also noteworthy is the use of multiple, lower cost, smaller bits, compared to the expensive large diameter bits used on mono-hammer pole drills. Offered with side inlet swivel attachment and optional extension rod, the Utility LP is the perfect choice for utility pole hard rock sockets from 18″- 24″ (457 – 610 mm).
- Pin together hex connections.
- Meets low headroom demands, LP measures 46″ (1168 mm) shoulder to shoulder.
- Lightweight construction for easier lifting and handling.
- Low vibration, no shock sub required.
- Low air requirements, minimum 825 CFM (23 cubic meters).
- Canister is only 1″ (25 mm) under cutting diameter of bits for better stabilization and to maintain uphole velocity.
- Canister extension for appropriate hole flushing at deeper depths.