ROTO LOC® UNDERREAMER TECHNOLOGY
ROTO LOC® is an overburden drilling system for casing advancement, developed by Center Rock, Inc. With wings that lock in place and are easily retractable, ROTO LOC® is able to drill straight, full diameter holes through any formation, including pinnacle limestone and karst. ROTO LOC® saves you money because there isn’t any expensive starter casing J-teeth or ring bits needed.
ADVANCED DESIGN ROTO LOC UNDERREAMER SYSTEM
- Sizes from 5 1/2″ to 36″ (140-914 mm)
- Wings lock in place to cut full diameter through any rock formation
- No expensive starter casing teeth or ring bit left in the hole
- Easily retractable wings
- Straight holes in pinnacle limestone and karst, eliminating bent or broken casing
- Positive locking wings can be used to retrieve casing.
- Simple, quick wing replacement.
HOW IT WORKS
As the pilot bit rotates and makes contact with the ground, the drive pin rotates into locked position and the wings are fully extended. While in this position, the wings are positively locked, ensuring that the pilot will drill a borehole to full expanded diameter until retracted. The long nose on the pilot leads/guides the tooling through sloping and karstic formations maintaining the desired angle and minimizing deviation. When the target is reached, with a slight bump backwards, the pin moves to the retract position allowing the wings to collapse in. At that point, the bit is retracted from the casing, leaving the casing behind.
ROTO LOC is the ultimate under reamer system. It delivers straighter holes, minimizes casing friction which can cause casing failures, requires NO expensive casing teeth, and provides industry-leading penetration rates.